LinKSlabs Reunion with ESS and the Commissioner for Climate Action, Connie Hedegaard
LinKS’ Reunion in Copenhagen about Governance and long term Strategies from a sustainable and profitable perspective. This reunion was kindly hosted by Deloitte.
Climate and Science – Governing Large Initiatives
We had the honor of welcoming European Commissioner for Climate Action, Connie Hedegaard, Søren Gade, and Ditlev Engel for an interview on climate governance – creating sustainable strategies for profit.Followed by the case of ESS a pan-European venture of science with the purpose of researching and developing sustainable solutions. An initiative with huge impact on technological possibilities. For us. DK and Sweden are main owners. We should leverage on that by building partnerships through businesses.
– Afternoon coffee and tea
15.00 Agenda and Welcome
– by Erik Holst Jørgensen, Chairman of Deloitte, and Lars Kolind, Chairman of LinKS Advisory board
15.15 Climate, Governance and long term strategies – Profitable Sustainability from a corporate angle
- Interview and discussion with Connie Hedegaard and Ditlev Engel
- Research and Innovation as driver for climate change mitigation
- Europe’s role in fighting climate change: will the 20/20/20 goals be reached or sacrificed for overcoming the economic crisis?
- Horizon 2020: a suitable tool to stimulate innovation in Europe
16.15 Science and Society: The Potential of Research Infrastructures
- Introduction by ESS
- ESS Challenges
17.00 Case discussions in 5 break-out groups
17.30 Highlights Summary
– Summary of case discussions by LinKS’ group representatives
– Summary of the event by Jan Närlinge, former SVP Boeing Northern Europe and Saab, Swedish Ambassador to LinKS
18.00 Socialising around a light buffet and drinks